Monday, September 24, 2012

CSI - Special Investigator

I was so surprised, and very excited, when Debbi contacted me to see if I would like to be a Special Investigator for the month of September at CSI.

I love the Case Files the super talented Debbi puts togther each month and jumped at the chance to join in! If you haven't had a chance to try her challenges pop over and take a look at the current file Case File No. 38.

I've already created three layouts and have been so busy with the end of school term that I haven't had a chance to share any of them here. So here are my layouts so far for September.

Case File No. 36 This first one is a photo of my youngest and his gorgeous friend taken just before they headed out to dinner. I've glued an old Maya Road chipboard alphabet onto the background and covered the letters with gesso and tissue paper to fit in with the criteria for the challenge.


Case File No.37. I found these photos of my eldest son and one of his friends on my computer and just had to scrap them!


 This is the most recent one for Case File No. 38 with a close up shot of the journalling. Photo of my hubby taken at the National School Rugby championships last year where he coached the NSW side to victory for the fourth year in a row!
There is still plenty of time to get this one in....take a look, it is due 30th September.


Hope that you can find the time to come and visit and take look at the amazing layouts created by Debbi and her very talented group of ladies who make up the design Team.
Thanks for dropping by and leaving comments, they always make my day!



9 comments:

  1. I just adore these Karen!!!! Loving the background work on each page particularly and how super cool are those photos you found of your son. A great candid moment :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages, all of them!
    I love how you adapt your style to make each page so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is really stunning Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, Karen - thanks for your comment on my blog - YES!!! You just MUST get liquid pearls - they're little gems [pun..sorry!] of pure delight:):):) Your pages are gorgeous - hope life takes on a slower pace now the hol's are here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, thanks for dropping by my blog. Awesome pages, our pages are proof that you can scrap a beautiful and interesting page without all the tizz and fuss of flowers. Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I do love each and one of your pages Karen! My fave is the second one he he makes me smile from ear to ear. So funny! Love the alpha background in the first one and that pop of green leaves on the second one. Fab photos too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you on the SI spot! All three of these lo's are simply stunning! I really love all of them! Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Karen & congratulations. All of them are very modern and striking and the photos make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey congrats for being called by Debi for being a special investigator. Of course with so many stunning piece of art I do not see any reason for you stay away your blog. Really loves these layouts the choice of color and art style.

    fabric scissors

    ReplyDelete