Friday, August 3, 2012

Speed Scrapping

Speed and scrapping are not two words that I would normally put together!
I take days to finish a layout, I move bits around until I am happy and often come back the next day to change the position of papers ever so slightly or add another embellishment until I am happy and eventually glue it all down!
So having to run the Speed Scrap for the ScrapBoutique Cybercrop was a challenge for me to say the least!!
It was made a little easier having this wonderful sketch from PAGE DRAFTS as inspiration.


Anyway I managed to put this layout together and photograph and upload it in 1 and a half hours. A miracle for me and, apart from the heavy ink splotch caused by dropping the ink pad on the layout while I was rushing, I am reasonably pleased with how it turned out.

Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

  1. Well done on creating such a fabulous layout in such short time Karen. I love the colours.
    Hope you have a great weekend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous lo! Love what you've done with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You should try speed scrapping more often!! I usually take 1.5 - 3 hours on a page & never look back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, love the misting & layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee speed scrapping and me simply doesn't happen in my world. I think the fastest I've ever made a page in, is 4 hours. Mostly my pages take me a minimum of a day or more depending on how much fussy cutting I do. I so totally admire clean scrappers, am in awe of 1,5 hrs with this fabulous result!! well done I say, cudos to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! Love the brown colors and the lovely misting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so awesome! Love your layering and the awesome background. I'm such a slow scrapper. What a great challenge. I may need to try "speed scrapping."

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Karen, I love your page this is the first time I have seen the sketch used and you have created a beautiful page, makes me want to do one now using the sketch lol! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning page love your take on the sketch and the colours have worked so well together.

    ReplyDelete