Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Blogging Fear Realised!

I held off starting a blog for so long due to a fear of being able to keep it updated and sure enough, my fear has been realised!!

So today I have decided to look at it as not failing in my blogging but just that I had to put it on hold while I enjoyed life. 
I have to remember that it is not important how often I create BUT that I create!!

The end of the school year, Christmas and being away for the majority of the past 4 weeks on summer holidays has not allowed a great deal of time for scrapping or blogging. I have had limited internet access, except for my phone, and not many opportunities to scrap.

However, during our recent trip to the coast I decided to pack an Amy Tangerine Notebook, a few stamps and bits and pieces and make some time each day to document the trip.
I loved that this sweet girl thought it was fascinating and watched me as I put the album together each day. She has declared that she wants to be a scrapbooker when she grows up and I have quickly let her know that she can start now!
Today I added a few final embellishments and I am really happy with the way it turned out.










I need a few more of these great little books!!
Have a great week and thanks for taking the time to read my blog, it means a lot to me!

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous memento of your summer holiday Karen! A great idea to record your family activities as they happen and get creative at the same time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I so totally agree with you blogging can take up so much time, not only keeping your own up to date but to drop in on others as well... Oh well you get done what you can. Great pictures and thanks for dropping by my blog. Hopefully you will have time to drop in at CSI and play along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! You are so talented!! Love looking at your creative pursuits. What a cool way to preserve your memories. :-) PS. I have your blog disease but think I am back on the bandwagon now!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic little album, Karen, filled with wonderful pictures and details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your album, such a brilliant memento of your trip...something to truely be treasured!
    Haha I totally get where you are coming from with your blog! & I love how you look at it...I'll have to remember that one myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen: You have inspired me to pull out my AT mini albums and get to work. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally totally cool...love it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Karen! I have a link up on my blog today for a sale and those books are in it - so hope you take a look!! Glad you are back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous mini Karen, so glad you found the time. Hope school treats you well this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This journal is soooo yummie! Love all the details and colors! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, the journal is awesome! gret detaisl and colors!
    xo Felicitas

    ReplyDelete
  12. so very cool Karen, love what you made! Miss you and your super-creativeness!! ;) Hope you are well and busy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just backtracking a little on your blog...
    This mini looks awesome. I do that sometimes,...I bring bits and piecs to make something on my trip. I must admit I rarely succeed like this though! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete